Thursday, September 24, 2009

Getting the Knitting Word Out

Yep, I'm doing the same thing these days as all other knitters are doing... juggling knitting, twitter, blogging, Etsy store, Atomic Mall store etc. Obviously, if I have to keep up with this frenzy, there's hardly any time to do actual knitting.

Instead of doing all the marketing myself, I have started to list my stores in different arts and crafts directories.

I've stumbled upon two nice little sites where you can get an add placed for your store for little or no money.

The first directory is www.findithandmade.net where the basic listing is free. Additionally they are offering a standard listing ($5/year) and a premium listing ($10/year).

The second directory is a blog named the Handmade Highway and it costs $10 per year to get listed ($5 for the remainder of this year, next year between $10 and $15).

And of course you should definitely be listed in the Every Place I Sell directory, particularly if you have several stores... like me. And best of all... it's free too!

No comments:

Post a Comment